Sweet Home (Korean: 스위트홈) is a South Korean web series starring Song Kang, Lee Jin-wook, and Lee Si-young. It is based on the Naver webtoon of the same name by Kim Carnby and Hwang Young-chan, which recorded over 2.1 billion net views. The first season was released on on December 18, 2020.The second season was released on December 1, 2023.The third season is scheduled for release in 2024.
DIRECTOR– Lee Eung-bok, Jang Young-woo, Park So-hyun
WRITTEN BY– Hong So-ri, Kim Hyung-min, Park So-jung
GENRE– Horror, Fantasy, Action Apocalypse
RELEASE DATE– December 2020-.date
After an unexpected family tragedy, Cha Hyun-soo (Song Kang) leaves his home and moves into an apartment. Soon after, monsters begin appearing.
People inside the apartment are trapped inside the building, realizing that monsters are lurking everywhere outside. Hyun-soo and other residents shield themselves inside the building in the hope of surviving as long as they can.
The remaining residents of the Green Home apartment need to move out of their houses, which were the scene of their previous monster battles, and venture out into the outside world.
The survivors have established a community at what remains of the stadium, but they still cannot let their guard down.
- Song Kang as Cha Hyun-soo,
- a suicidal high school student who moves into 1410 in Green Home after his family is killed in a car accident. He finds himself caught in the middle of an apocalypse, he later gains the powers of the infected after merging with the beast inside him and becoming a superpowered being.
- Lee Jin-wook as Pyeon Sang-wook,
- a mysterious man with a scar on his face. He punishes evil with evil and is mistaken for a gangster. He has enhanced physical strength. He seemed fond of Yoo-ri.
- Lee Eugene as young Pyeon Sang-wook
- Lee Si-young as Seo Yi-kyung,
- a former firefighter whose fiancé disappeared two days before their wedding. She has trust issues and is an expert martial artist, having served in the special forces. Her character is exclusive to the television series, having not appeared in the webtoon comic.
- Go Min-si as Lee Eun-yoo, Eun-hyuk’s
- younger sister and a former ballerina who quit due to an injury on her foot. She lives with her brother. Hyun-soo is her first love.
- Park Gyu-young as Yoon Ji-soo,
- a bass guitarist who moves into 1510 in Green Home after her boyfriend’s suicide. She was saved by Jae-heon and after then sticks around him.
- Lee Do-hyun as Lee Eun-hyuk, Eun-yoo’s older brother, a medical student. He is the leader of the building’s survivors. He handles everything with calm mind and rational decision, causing the others to regard him as remote and cold hearted.
- Kim Nam-hee as Jung Jae-heon, a Korean-language teacher and a devout Christian who lives in 1506. He has a keepsake jingum, a Korean martial arts sword, to defend himself and protect others. He saves Yoon Jisoo and sticks around her. In the show, Jae-heon and Ji-soo are romantically interested in one another.
- Dane DiLiegro as Muscle Monster
- Go Youn-jung as Park Yoo-ri, a senior caregiver who appears to have some training as a medical care professional. She is asthmatic. She started to like Sang-wook.
- Kim Kap-soo as Ahn Gil-seob, a terminally-ill patient living with his caregiver Park Yoo-ri.
- Kim Sang-ho as Han Du-sik, living in 1408. He is the neighbor of Cha Hyun-soo, a middle-aged man who uses a wheelchair and a former military man. He is talented at making weapons.
- Woo Hyun as Kim Suk-hyun, a grocery store owner who is often abusive towards his wife.
- Kim Hyun as Ahn Sun-young, Suk-hyun’s wife.
- Kim Hee-jung as Cha Jin-ok, a mother who is desperately trying to save her daughter.
- Heo Yool as Kim Soo-yeong, the 9-year-old girl and Yeong-soo’s sister.
- Choi Go as Kim Yeong-soo, the 6-year-old boy and Soo-yeong’s little brother.
- Kim Gook-hee as Son Hye-in, a middle-aged woman who always carries her pet Pomeranian named Bom.
- Lee Bong-ryun as Im Myung-sook, a mother who lost her child when the stroller rolled away from her, causing a truck to collide into it.
- Go Geon-han as Choi Yoon-jae, a pedophile, heavily beaten up by Pyeon Sang-wook.
- Woo Jung-gook as Kang Seung-wan, a bespectacled and timid resident.
- Kim Jung-woo as Father Peter
- Yook Jun-seo as Bang Jin-ho, a soldier in the Special Forces Guard.
- Hong Su-zu as Jin-a
- Jung Suk-won as Min Seo-jin, a soldier in the Special Forces Guard.
- Huh Nam-Jun as Kang Seok-Chan, a UDT soldier in the Guard Corps.
For more information on this drama….w