May It Please the Court (Korean: 변론을 시작하겠습니다) is a South Korean streaming television series directed by Kang Min-goo and starring Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Kyu-hyung, Jung Jin-young and Kim Hye-eun.
DIRECTOR – Kang Min-goo
WRITTEN BY – Kim Dan
GENRE – Legal drama, Mystery
EPISODES – 12
RELEASE DATE – September 21, 2022
COUNTRY – South Korea
LANGUAGE – Korean
NETWORK – Disney+ (Star Hub)
FULL STORY BY KOMOVIESONLINE STAFF
No Chak-Hee (Jung Ryeo-Won) is an ace lawyer with the highest winning rate in a big law firm Jangsan known for taking risk, Just as she is about to receive a promotion to partner after successfully defending a pharmaceutical company for manufacturing harmful birth control pills, she was arrested for manipulating a woman who had taken the pills into attempting suicide.
She was suspended afterwards by her firm for a year and is forced to take a job working as a member of the Seoul public defender’s office with the hope of getting back to her previous position.
As a public defender, she shares an office with fellow public defender, Jwa Shi Baek Lee Kyu-Hyung), a top graduate from the Judicial Research and Training. Who chose to work as a public defender Instead of becoming a judge, prosecutor, or attorney at a big law firm, . He is enthusiastic with his work but also has a mysterious part of his personal life that nobody knows about.
No Chak Hee and Jwa Shi Baek grow to trust each-other as a serial murder case brought them together and as they try to solve the case together more secrets unfolds.
- Jung Ryeo-won as Noh Chak-hee, an ace lawyer with the highest winning rate in a big law firm, Jangsan, who becomes a public defender.
- Lee Kyu-hyung as Jwa Si-baek, a public defender often referred to as crazy and eccentric.
- Jung Jin-young as Jang Ki-do, CEO of Jangsan Law Firm.
- Kim Hye-eun as Oh Ha-ran, wife of Jang Ki-do.
- Lee Sang-hee as Yoo Gyeong-jin, a detective at the Metropolitan Crime Investigation Unit.
- Kim Sang-ho as Shin Chi-sik, owner of Mokgol Dumplings.
- Park So-jin as Jang Yi-yeon, daughter of Jang Ki-do.
- Hong Seo-joon as Oh Dae-hyeon, a strategist who helps and supports Jang Ki-do’s ambitions.
- Ko Kyu-pil as Do Young-soo, a clerk at the office of a public lawyer.
- Park Jung-hak as Yoon Seok-goo, CEO of Ilshin Electric.
- Ryu Seong-hyun as Cho Hyun-sik, CEO of Kang Sung Pharmaceutical.
- Noh Sang-bo as Kang Sang-man, a prosecutor who often fights with Noh Chak-hee in court.
- Jung Min-seong as Han Dal-jae, a character who is confused because of the loss of his past memories as an employee of Mokgol Dumplings.
- Min Seong-wook as Park Byeong-jae, A journalist with a history of being sued two years ago for spreading false information
- Kim So-yi as Choi Yun-jeong, who suffers from schizophrenia.