Mouse (Korean: 마우스; RR: Mauseu) is a thriller South Korean television series starring Lee Seung-gi, Lee Hee-joon, Park Ju-hyun and Kyung Soo-jin.
DIRECTOR – Choi Joon-bae
WRITTEN BY – Choi Ran
EPISODES – 20
GENRE – Crime thriller, Suspense, Mystery, Sci-Fi
RELEASE DATE – March 3 –
May 20, 2021
LANGUAGE – Korean
COUNTRY – South Korea
NETWORK – tvN
FULL STORY BY KOMOVIESONLINE STAFF
A suspenseful story that will center around the key question, “What if we could sort out psychopaths in advance?”
A crazy serial killer’s ruthless murders have left the entire nation gripped with fear, making chaos reigns. Jeong Ba-reum determined to find this killer and bring them to justice, tracks them down with the help of Moo Chi.
Jeong Ba-reum (Lee Seung-gi) is a honest man, dedicating his life to the pursuit of justice as a steadfast police officer working at a local substation together with his partner, Go Moo Chi (Lee Hee Joon) who finds true fulfillment in his work.
Jeong Ba-reum life changes after a confrontation with the psychopathic serial killer and manages to survive the deadly encounter.
- Lee Seung-gi as Jeong Ba-reum, a police officer whose life changes after a confrontation with a psychopathic serial killer.
- Lee Hee-joon as Ko Moo-chi, a detective who does not care about the rules and is willing to resort to any method to catch criminals.
- Park Ju-hyun as Oh Bong-yi, a tough-looking high school senior who lives with her grandmother and practices martial arts daily. Though she doesn’t excel much at school, she is confident, tough, and always straightforward. However, she is a character with a deep past.
- Kyung Soo-jin as Choi Hong-ju, a talented production director of a reality TV program known as “Sherlock Hong-ju” at channel OBN.
People around Jeong Ba-reum
- Lee Seo-jun as Na Chi-guk, a new prison guard at Mujin Detention Center.
He is best friends with Ba-reum since high-school.
- Woo Ji-hyun as Gu Dong-gu, a prison guard and Ba-reum and Chi Kook’s friend.
He was in the same class with Ba-reum and Chi-guk at a private academy to get prepared for the civil servant examination though he did not pass as easily as his friends.
People around Ko Moo-chi
He is a priest temporarily housed in the basement of a church. When he was young, he was miraculously saved from being killed by a rare killer, but he became disabled since then. However, he was isolated from his younger brother Ko Moo-chi. Seeing Moo-chi who destroys life with vengeance, he is heartbroken and always prays for his younger brother.
People around Oh Bong-yi
- Kim Young-ok as Kim Gat-nam, Bong-yi’s grandmother
She always urges Bong-yi to marry Ba-reum, whom she considered a good bachelor in the neighborhood because she thinks it would be safe for her granddaughter to marry a police officer. Ten years ago, she thought that Bong-yi was the target of the crime because of herself, and she has lived with guilt. But she always appears to be energetic in front of her granddaughter.
- P.O as Shin Sang, a freshman detective working under detective Go Moo-chi.
The precious late-born only son. The only thing that wraps around him is the brand-new luxury brands! Although he became a police officer with his own ability, he is teased to be a “parachute” by Moo-chi because his father is a president candidate. His father made the deciding vote against the Kill Psychopath Fetus Bill in 1995.
- Ahn Nae-sang as Park Du-seok, Head of the Military Manpower Administration Evidence Storage Team.
He was a successful homicide detective, but a word he said to the killer headhunter during the 1995 “headhunter serial murder” dropped his life into the abyss. Afterwards, he stepped down to take care of his sick wife, and was appointed as the team leader of the first new evidence storage team in Korea, forming a team with Moo-chi thereafter.
He has been suffering from stress and hair loss due to Moo-chi, who brings him trouble every day. As Du-seok’s freshman, the “headhunter serial murder” was his first case in 1995 as a freshman. He is the person who knows the pain and suffering of Du-seok better than anyone else and comforts him.
A late cop. Moo-chi is the reason for him to join the police force, and he is elder than Moo-chi. Although they used to be colleagues who could not survive without each other, he wanted Moo-chi to quit the police officer more than anyone else after an incident. However, in his heart, he cherishes Moo-chi more than anyone else and wishes for his happiness.
- Kim Min-soo as Lee Min-soo, Detective.
To put it in a good word, he is a cool guy, but he is actually rude. He keeps an appropriate distance from everyone and never gets close with anybody. When he was in high school, he was in an unrequited love with a girlfriend who was later killed by a murderer. He then became a police officer with determination.
- Ahn Jae-wook as Dr. Han Seo-joon, a genius neurosurgeon doctor at Guryong Hospital.
He is an all-round handsome man with excellent speech, manners, and a good sense of humor. He is always the first to be invited in TV broadcast and lectures with a lot of followers. When a woman he loved was killed by a robber during his study in England, he returned to Korea and met Ji-eun while concentrating on his work. He married Ji-eun and had a child, and he was looking forward to the birth of “Blessings.” There were so many things that he wanted to do and dreamed of when “Blessings” was born. But with the Headhunter serial murder, his dream plan with “Blessings” was shattered…
- Kim Jung-nan as Sung Ji-eun, Dr. Han’s wife.
Although she was a flower-loving florist, she is taking a break from work and concentrating on prenatal education due to Seo-joon, who is worried about her late pregnancy. She wanted to have a child who looked exactly like her husband, and eventually the child whom the two had hoped so much for came as a “Blessing”. She always thought that her family of three would be happy, but a few days before the expected delivery of “Blessing”, something tragic happened, and the happiness she dreamed of was shattered…
- Kwon Hwa-woon as Sung Yo-han, an emergency medical resident at Mujin Hospital.
He is the youngest doctor in Korea to pass the state examination.
- Jo Jae-yoon as Daniel Lee, a doctor of genetics and a criminologist
He is a nominee for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. He is a Korean-British man who was adopted to the United Kingdom as a child and was raised by British parents. Han Seo-joon, who discovered Daniel’s genius at Cambridge University Hospital where Daniel was working as a cleaner, gave him the opportunity to study in college and work at a genetic research institute. Since then, Seo-joon and he have been like brothers and made friendship. They conducted successful research to identify fetal psychopathic genes, getting on a highly secretive flight to Korea…
- Jung Eun-pyo as Kang Deok-soo, a child sex offender
- Song Jae-hee as Woo Hyung-chul, Jae-pil’s son and a lawyer
- Yoo Yeon as Hyung-chul’s mother
- Shin Ha-young as Song Soo-jung
- Kim Kang-hoon as Jae-hoon
- Seo Woo-jin as younger Jae-hoon: A mysterious child born in 1995 whose family is murdered one day making him a key suspect in the case.
- Son Woo-hyeon as Kim Joon-seong, Yo-han’s classmate and friend
- Jung Ae-ri as Choi Young-shin, a rogue Secretary General in the Blue House who voted in favour of the Kill Psychopath Fetus Bill in 1995 though it was not passed.
- Kim Ha-eon as Kim Hankok, a kidnapped kid.
- Cherish Maningat as Hankook’s mother.
- Go Woo-ri as Jennifer Lee, Daniel Lee’s sister and Han’s former girlfriend
- Kang Mal-geum
- Cheon Jeong-ha [ko] as Chi-guk’s mother. This was the last drama role portrayed by Cheon before her death from low blood pressure and kidney failure at the age of 52 (in Korean age) on 28 April 2021