Snowdrop (Korean: 설강화; Hanja: 雪降花; RR: Seolganghwa) is a South Korean television series starring Jung Hae-in, Jisoo, Yoo In-na, Jang Seung-jo, Yoon Se-ah, Kim Hye-yoon, and Jung Yoo-jin.
DIRECTOR – Jo Hyun-tak
WRITTEN BY – Yoo Hyun-mi
EPISODES – 16
GENRE – Romance, Black comedy, Melodrama
RELEASE DATE – December 18, 2021 –
January 30, 2022
LANGUAGE – Korean
COUNTRY – South Korea
NETWORK – JTBC
FULL STORY BY KOMOVIESONLINE STAFF
Snowdrop is set against the backdrop of the 1987 Democracy Movement in South Korea.Lim Soo-Ho (Jung Hae-In) is a North Korean agent who escaped from a political prison camp in North Korea with a mission assigned in South Korea.
Lim Soo-Ho a graduate who attended a prestigious university covered in blood jumps into Hosu women’s university dormitory in Seoul.
Eun Yeong-Ro (Kim Ji-Soo) a female university student in the English Literature Department, found him and treats the bleeding Soo Ho who falls in love with him at first sight on a group blind date, she takes care of him despite the strict surveillance and dangerous situation.
However, Yeong Ro is shocked to learn his secret. Yeong Ro rejects the will of her father who is the director of ANSP (the Agency for National Security Planning),and works hand in hand with Soo Ho to save her beloved man and her friends.
- Jung Hae-in as Lim Soo-ho (27 years old),formerly named Lee Tae-san, alias Lim Soo-hyeok. He is a North Korean agent with a mission assigned in South Korea. He lives as a graduate student preparing for a master’s thesis in the Department of Economics from the University of Berlin.
- Jisoo as Eun Yeong-ro (20 years old),a freshman at Hosu Women’s University in the English Literature Department, who falls in love with Soo-ho at first sight.
- Yoo In-na as Kang Cheong-ya (34 years old),a charismatic and skilled surgeon at a university hospital. Her birth name is Kim Eun-hye.
- Jang Seung-jo as Lee Gang-mu (36 years old), the leader of Team One in the Anti-Communist Investigation Bureau, Agency for National Security Planning (ANSP), who seeks to arrest Soo-ho over the death of his colleague.
- Yoon Se-ah as Pi Seung-hee (43 years old), the housemother of Hosu Women’s University dormitory.
- Kim Hye-yoon as Gye Bun-ok (24 years old),a phone operator at Hosu Women’s University dormitory, who could not go to college due to financial issues.
- Jung Yoo-jin as Jang Han-na (32 years old),an impulsive, but passionate ANSP agent, who is Gang-mu’s junior.
People around Soo-ho
- Kim Min-kyu as Joo Gyeok-chan,a North Korean agent, who is prone to violence.
- Jang In-sub as Lee Eung-cheol, a North Korean agent, who is trusting and friendly towards Soo-ho.
- Heo Nam-joon as Oh Gwang-tae,a university student who likes Seol-hui.
- Jeon Moo-song as Lim Ji-rok, the Head of United Front Dept., DPRK and Soo-ho’s adoptive father, who adopted both Soo-ho and Soo-hui from a coal mine.
- Jeon Ae-ri as Choi Soo-ryeon, the Deputy Director of Ministry of State Security, DPRK.
- Chae Won-bin as Lim Soo-hui, Soo-ho’s sister.
People around Yeong-ro
- Jung Shin-hye as Go Hye-ryeong, a fourth-year student in the Department of Vocal Music and Yeong-ro’s dormmate. Her birth name was Go Hye-ja before she legally changed her name.
- Kim Mi-soo as Yeo Jeong-min,a fourth-year History major student and Yeong-ro’s dormmate, who was supportive of the democratic movements against the military government.
- Jung Yi-seo as Shin Gyeong-ja,the president of the Dormitory Student Council.
- Park Ye-ni as Kim Ye-ni,a secretary at ‘Charmant’.
- Kwon Han-sol as Han-na
- Ariane Desgagnés-Leclerc as Gong Gil-soon, longtime friend of Kang Cheong-ya posing as ABK Partners fund manager Linda Young.
- Lee Jung-hyun as Park Geum-cheol, a North Korean agent and Soo-ho’s colleague, who committed suicide upon his arrest by Gang-mu.
- Lee Joo-ahn as Jun-pyo, the son of the President of South Korea.
- Kang Moon-kyung as Park Moo-yeol, a presidential candidate and member of Aemin Party.
- Yum Jung-ah as Song Hye-joo,former housemother of Hosu Women’s University dormitory.