MR QUEEN: FULL STORY, TRAILER, VIDEO, CAST
Mr. Queen (Korean: 철인왕후; Hanja: 哲仁王后) is a South Korean television series. Directed by Yoon Sung-sik, it stars Shin Hye-sun as Queen Cheorin and Kim Jung-hyun as King Cheoljong.
DIRECTOR – Yoon Sung-sik
WRITTEN BY – Park Gye-ok, Choi Ah-il
GENRE – Historical, Romantic comedy, Fantasy, Body swap
EPISODES – 20
RELEASE DATE – December 12, 2020 –
February 14, 2021
COUNTRY – South Korea
LANGUAGE – Korean
NETWORK – tvN
FULL STORY BY KOMOVIESONLINE STAFF
In the present day, Jang Bong-hwan (Choi Jin-hyuk) is a chef who works at the Blue House. He has a free spirit, but after a serious accident, he finds himself in the body of Queen Cheorin (Shin Hye-sun) in the Joseon period.
Kim So Yong’s husband is the reigning monarch, King Cheol Jong (Kim Jung Hyun). However, He seems like a figurehead but the late King Sunjo’s Queen, Sun Won (Bae Jong Ok), has taken advantage of Cheol Jong’s better nature, and is ruling the realm in his name and thus, relegates King Cheoljong as just a figurehead.
Queen Cheorin soon discovers that the King is not what he seems,In fact, he hides his strong aspects and has a dark and suspicious side to him.
Kim Jwa-Geun (Kim Tae-Woo) is Queen Sunwon’s younger brother and she faces competition from him, who also has designs on power.
- Shin Hye-sun as Kim So-yong, Queen Cheorin
- Seo Eun-sol as young Kim So-yong
- Kim Jung-hyun as Yi Won-beom, King Cheoljong
- Kim Kang-hoon as young Yi Won-beom
- He is the 25th king of the Joseon Dynasty, with a “Jekyll and Hyde” personality.
People around Queen Cheorin
- Cha Chung-hwa as Court Lady Choi
- She is a sanggung and Queen Cheorin’s devoted lady-in-waiting. She is known for her constant nagging on the Queen, and later develops feelings for Royal Chef Man-bok.
- Chae Seo-eun as Hong-yeon
- She is Queen Cheorin’s loyal maid who served her since they were kids and is willing to risk her life to protect the Queen. She falls in love with Hong Byeol-gam.
People around King Cheoljong
- He is Cheoljong’s older half-brother and serves as his royal guard. He has feelings for Jo Hwa-jin.
- Lee Jae-won as Hong Doo-il / Hong Byeol-gam
- He is King Cheoljong’s friend from his Ganghwa-do days.
Andong Kim clan
- Bae Jong-ok as Grand Royal Queen Dowager Kim (Queen Sunwon)
- She is the late King Sunjo‘s wife, who wields the true power in the country and, thus, relegates Cheoljong to being just a figurehead.
- He is Queen Sunwon’s younger brother and an extremely ambitious man.
- Na In-woo as Kim Byeong-in
- He is the adopted son of Kim Jwa-geun, thus making him the Queen’s cousin. He is secretly in love with her.
- Queen Cheorin’s father and King Cheoljong’s father-in-law.
- Yoo Young-jae as Kim Hwan
- A bright young man who spent his days wandering around the palace and Byeong-in’s friend. He has a crush on Hong-yeon.
- Song Min-hyung as Chief State Councillor Kim Byung-hak
- Kang Ji-hoo as Left State Councillor Kim Seok-geun
- Son Kwang-eop as Minister of Military Affairs Kim Chang-hyuk
Pungyang Jo clan
- Seol In-ah as Jo Hwa-jin, Royal Noble Consort Ui (Jo Gwi-in)
- She is King Cheoljong’s concubine and first love.
- Jo Yeon-hee as Royal Queen Dowager Jo (Queen Sinjeong)
- She is the late Crown Prince Hyomyeong‘s only wife and plans to take down the Andong Kim clan. She is also a religious person who hires shamans to see the future.
- Ko In-beom Right State Councillor Jo Man-hong
- Kim Kwang-sik as Minister of Personnel Jo Deok-moon
People in the Blue House
- Choi Jin-hyuk as Jang Bong-hwan
- An arrogant playboy and Blue House chef who is caught in a conspiracy and after a near-death experience, he wakes up in Queen Cheorin’s body.
- Lee Cheol-min as Director Han Pyo-jin / Han Shim-ong
- Kim Joon-won as Bu Seung-min
People in the Royal Kitchen
- Kim In-kwon as Royal Chef Man-bok, a cuisine specialist who doesn’t get along with Queen Cheorin. He develops feelings for Court Lady Choi.
- Kang Chae-won as Dam-hyang, a young court lady who is close with Kim So-yong.
Royal Court Ladies
- Kim Ju-young as Oh Wol,Jo Hwa-jin’s maid
- Son So-mang as Court Lady Kang, Dowager Queen Jo’s maid
- Seo Hye-ryeong as a court lady
- Ahn Ju-ri as a court lady
People in the Royal Palace
- Kang Da-hyun as Hang Sim-hyang
- Yoon Gi-won as a royal physician
- Yoon Jin-ho as Head Eunuch
- Lee Tae-gum as Eunuch Kim
- Choi Hwan-yi as Eunuch Choi
- Kim Bang-won as Sal-soo
- Sung Min-soo as Royal Secretary Jo Dae-su, Jo Hwa-jin’s father (Ep. 1)
- Ha-min as Physician Park (Ep. 1)
- Seo Dong-suk as a detective (Ep. 1)
- Kwon Eun-soo as a court lady (Ep. 2)
- Kim Ka-eun as a young court lady (Ep. 2)
- Lee Seung-jin as a royal guard (Ep. 2)
- Yoon Jung-ro as a royal guard (Ep. 2)
- Baek Jae-jin as a general store owner (Ep. 2–3)
- Oh Ji-young as a court lady (Ep. 3)
- Na Mi-hee as a court lady (Ep. 3)
- Kim Yong-jin as a eunuch (Ep. 3)
- Moon Hak-jin as a food palanquin bearer (Ep. 6)
- Koo Ja-keon as a food palanquin bearer (Ep. 6)
- Kim Seung-wan as a food palanquin bearer (Ep. 6)
- Kim Nan-hee as a fortune teller (Ep. 6)
An interesting drama
I Haven't seen the season 1 but I'm interested and will like to binge watch soon. Thanks for sharing